Our team is looking for an Instructional Designer/Creative Writer to join us in growing our Content Development team. Our company partners with our customers to create learning solutions such as online learning programs, training videos, and on-the-job help guides.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, organized and can help drive our company and product forward with new ideas and creative solutions. You’ll work closely with our team of project managers, developers, and artists to create solutions that reflect our clients’ unique brand voices and deliver engaging training experiences for their employees.
As our company grows, we’re looking for someone who wants to grow with us. We have a relaxed, but fast paced work environment and an unlimited growth potential for those who are ambitious and passionate about learning!
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Participating in client meetings and talking with Subject Matter Experts to identify necessary training materials
- Writing high level outlines based on customer training objectives
- Aggregating and synthesizing training objectives and materials into a cohesive training script
- Brainstorming creative treatments with the development team to create engaging learning experiences
- Managing and enacting client feedback and communicating those changes with the development team
- Engaging with our clients to learn their culture and brand and reflecting that culture into the training materials we create
You’re Perfect for this Role if:
- You are a strong, versatile writer who can write everything from clear technical documents to creative script writing. You can provide writing samples of multiple styles of your work.
- You are organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated. You can take direction and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- You are willing to go the extra mile to understand source material and learning objectives as well as our customer’s brand.
- You’re curious and willing to delve into new and different ways to approach training.
- Prior experience in instructional design and/or technical writing
- Microsoft Word & PowerPoint
- Comfortable with learning new technology and software
Reflection Software has been offering learning solutions to leaders in the retail industry for over 25 years. We believe in empowering our clients with creative solutions that reflect their brand and transform their organizations through learning.
Relationships are the foundation of everything we do. Our approach to customer service is highly collaborative and we consider everyone in the company to be a customer advocate.
At this time, we are looking for someone who can reliably commute to our office in Aurora, Illinois. We are also unable to sponsor H1-B Visa's at this time and are only able to hire individuals who are authorized to work in the United States.